Occasionally a ticket buyer will wish to revoke a ticket purchase. Sometimes unforeseen circumstances will mean an event needs to be canceled. In these cases you will probably wish to issue a refund to your customers, and there are two steps involved in doing this:
- Issuing a monetary refund through your payment provider (Stripe or PayPal).
- Cancelling the ticket order/sale via your app account and removing it from your database.
Refunding with PayPal
PayPal offers a flexible system that lets you issue a full or partial refund. In the case of a full refund, the initial transaction fee will be credited back to you minus the processing fee. If you issue a partial refund, only a portion of the fee is returned to you.
To process a refund for one of your orders through PayPal:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the History sub-tab.
- Find the purchase payment you would like to refund and click Details.
- Click the Issue refund link.
- Enter the refund amount and click Submit.
- Confirm the amount and click Submit.
After this is done, don’t forget to come back to Sell Tickets App and delete the existing order from your database. See Order management tools for information on how to do this.
Refunding with Stripe
With Stripe you can process the refund right from your Sell Tickets App.
- Log in to your Ticket Tailor account.
- Access your orders for the specific event.
- Select the order you wish to refund.
- Click Cancel this order on the top right.
- Tick the check-box under Refund the order payment.
- Click Cancel this order.